Continu is the modern Learning Management System (LMS) built for today’s workplace. With Continu, organizations can seamlessly train employees, customers, and consultants through one easy to use learning suite. Continu makes it easy to author, upload, assign, and assess learners in a user-friendly environment. Given Continu’s ease of use and user-centric approach, many organizations utilize Continu as both a Learning Management System and Intranet platform, expanding the capabilities and engagement of a traditional learning experience.
For more information about Continu, please visit www.continu.co.
About LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn is the largest professional social network on earth with more than 562 million users in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. In 2015, LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com to help every professional reach their economic potential. LinkedIn is a consumer internet and enterprise software company, so building engaging, user-friendly product is in the LinkedIn DNA. Combined with Lynda.com, LinkedIn has over 20 years of experience and a library of over 9,000 courses known for the highest quality training content available across widest range of topics. LinkedIn has in depth content ranging from beginner to advanced across professional development, leadership and business management, technology and engineering, creative and business software (e.g., Microsoft and Google applications). LinkedIn owns the course creation process from end-to-end, from content strategy to production, to ensure that we have the most current, expert-led, and highest quality content in the industry.
Single Sign On (SAML SSO Authentication)
During the initial configuration, LinkedIn Learning and Continu can be configured to establish a secure SAML single sign-on (SSO) connection to ensure seamless and secure access to content. SSO authentication reduces friction for users and administrators by eliminating the need for manual user registration. SSO ensures learners spend more of their time watching content and less of their time trying to remember usernames and passwords.
All content viewed on LinkedIn Learning is captured in robust usage reports accessible from the LinkedIn Learning administrative interface. In addition to LinkedIn Learning reports, when a learner launches content from the LMS, the xAPI is used to communicate learner’s completion history back to Continu.
Automated Content Course Sync
The LinkedIn Learning library contains thousands of courses. Courses are added at a rate of 20-30 courses per week at no extra cost. The Continu deep integration with LinkedIn Learning uses LinkedIn Learning APIs for real-time access to the entire content library for seamless importing into Continu. This enables Continu administrators to easily curate LinkedIn Learning content within Continu as soon as it has been released. All content titles and descriptions are aggregated and indexed to accommodate keyword searches and support efficient discoverability. Administrators can select which LinkedIn Learning courses can be imported to Continu. Continu supports syncing of All Languages content courses.
Enabling SAML SSO
SAML SSO is recommended for all enterprise learning platform integrations. SSO authentication can be configured in your LinkedIn Learning Admin settings. Most organizations have a centrally managed identity management solution like Azure AD, Okta or AD FS which can be configured to authenticate users into enterprise applications like LinkedIn Learning. To configure SAML SSO with your identity management solution, share our SAML SSO Admin Guide with your organization’s IT team.
Provisioning API Keys for Content Course Import
In order for Continu to sync LinkedIn Learning catalog information, API keys must be provisioned in your LinkedIn Learning Administration settings. Follow the steps below to start this process:
- From the LinkedIn Learning Admin area, select Settings from the navigation header
- From the side navigation menu, select API Application Provision.
- Provide the name of your learning platform “Continu”
- Provide a short description of the integration use case in the application description field. For example, ”Continu Course Import”.
- Select the “Generate Application” button.
- This will generate a Client ID and Client Secret that will be used to complete the integration with Continu.
Activating the LinkedIn Learning Integration Inside Continu
Once you’ve generated the necessary ID and Client Secret from LinkedIn Learning, you can return to Continu to activate the integration. Follow the steps below to complete this process:
- Select the ‘Admin’ tab on the top navigation of Continu
- Navigate to “Settings” (please note, you will need to be an Administrator to access this area)
- Within Settings, select “Integrations”
- Inside the Integrations area, select the LinkedIn Learning icon from the list of Continu integrations
- Copy and paste the Linkedin Learning Client Id and Linkedin Learning Client Secret that you generated in the steps above.
- Click ‘Submit’. You’ve just enabled LinkedIn Learning inside of Continu
To track LinkedIn Learning course completion within Continu, you’ll need to enable xAPI. Follow the steps below to complete this process:
- From the LinkedIn Learning Admin area, select “Settings” from the navigation header
- Select “Reporting APIs” and then select “xAPI”
- Click “Add xAPI Integration”
- Enter an Integration Name. For example “Continu xAPI Reporting”
- From the User Type dropdown, select “Email”
- In the OAuth Server URL area add your unique URL. This should be https://[subdomain].continu.co/v3/oauth2/access-token (replace subdomain with your Continu subdomain name)
- In the Tenant Server URL area, add your the following URL: https://[subdomain].continu.co/v3/xapi/statements (replace subdomain with your Continu subdomain name)
- Navigate back to Continu in a separate tab or window
- Navigate to the API Application area located within the Admin > Settings area
- Select New Application and add an Application Name and Description. For example: “LinkedIn Learning”
- Click “Submit” and copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret from Continu into the corresponding fields on LinkedIn Learning
- Click “Enable” to turn on xAPI reporting
- You will now be able to track completion of LinkedIn Learning content within Continu
Importing LinkedIn Learning Courses into Continu
Now that the integration has been established, you can start importing LinkedIn Learning content into Continu. To begin this process, follow the steps below:
- From the Continu Administration area, select “Add Content”
- From the Add Content area, select Courses
- Inside Courses, you will now see the LinkedIn Learning option
- Select LinkedIn Learning and you’ll be able to see all recent content as well as search by keyword, title and author. You can even filter your search by Type, Relevancy, Difficulty, and Language
- Once you’ve located the content you would like to import, select the “Import” button
- You can now follow the steps on Continu to add the content to a specific category or segment by a specific audience
- Once you’ve added your settings, select “Publish” and your LinkedIn Learning content is now visible within Continu